HOME REMEDIES FOR MOUTH ULCERS
Mouth Ulcers or Canker sores are small boils which appear in the inside of your mouth, on the tongue or inner lips. Sometimes they are so painful that the person cannot speak, eat or drink anything.
Causes of Mouth Ulcers are:
Lack of Vitamin B2 in the diet
Eating acidic or spicy food
Eating antibiotics or other medications which cause heat in the body
Sometimes minor injuries can also cause it.
Home remedies for mouth ulcers
- Avoid stress, Have a good sleep and eat a balanced diet
- Avoid eating hot and spicy food, avoid drinking hot tea/coffee.
- Have a diet of Rice mixed with cold yogurt and a pinch of salt till your mouth ulcers are gone.
- Take B-Complex capsules (Becosules) twice a day, it is quite effective.
- Keep rinsing the mouth with salt water. Take more salt, about 2 tsps in one cup of lukewarm water.
- Make a solution of 1tsp salt and ½ tsp turmeric powder in lukewarm water and rinse 3-4 times a day.
- Gargle alternately with hot and cold water.
- Take 4-5 leaves of Tulsi ( Holy Basil) and chew them in the morning and evening with water. This can be done 5-6 times a day. This not only cures mouth ulcers but also prevents bad breath.
- Biting on to small pieces of coconut, chew until the coconut milk starts to flow, swish the coconut milk in your mouth, this is one home remedy suggested by my grandmother which is quite effective.
- Apply Coconut milk mixed with honey 3-4 times a day on the ulcers for relief.
- Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder to one teaspoon of glycerine and apply this solution on the ulcers
- For bad mouth ulcers take raw coconut break it into pieces and chew it with little sugar. Do this 4-5 times a day.
- Application of Peppermint oil to the mouth ulcers gives relief from pain and irritation.
- Make a paste of Amla (Indian Gooseberry) and apply to the ulcers, this also works effectively.
- Have Mint leaves (Pudina), 2-3 in the morning and chew onto it. You can do this 2-3 times a day. Mint is very cooling for the system.
- Remove the gel from aloe vera and put it in a blender with some distilled water. Keep this solution in a bottle and regularly, swish it round your mouth, holding and swishing for a few minutes then just swallow it, if you also have a sore throat gargle before swallowing. Aloe vera can also be used on other ulcers.
- Boil one teaspoon of coriander seeds in a cup of water. When this is warm, gargle with it 3-4 times a day.
- Baking soda and lemon juice is very effective in ulcers of the oral cavity relieving pain as well as the severity of the sores.
- Gargle a solution of 1 teaspoon of apple vinegar with half a cup of water three times a day.
- Bicarbonate of Soda dabbed on the ulcer will clear it up quickly. Dip finger in powder and apply to ulcer, leave for as long as possible. It will sting at first but will give relief soon after.
- For mouth ulcers, use alum. Take a cotton swab and place alum on infected area.
DISCLAIMER : "HOME REMEDIES ARE JUST SUPPLEMENTARY APPROACHES. ALWAYS SEEK A QUALIFIED PHYSICIAN'S ADVICE FOR ANY ILLNESSES."