Share Buttons

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Poem - THE WORLD IS MINE

Hi Members,
I received this lovely poem as a forward and I couldnt help but share it with you'll
Please read on and thank god for all that he has given us.

The World is Mine

Today, upon a bus, I saw a very beautiful woman.And wished I were as beautiful.When suddenly she rose to leave,I saw her hobble down the aisle.She had one leg and wore a crutch.But as she passed, she passed a smile.Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.I have two legs; the world is mine.

I stopped to buy some candy.The lad who sold it had such charm.I talked with him, he seemed so glad.If I were late, it'd do no harm.And as I left, he said to me, "I thank you,you've been so kind.It's nice to talk with folks like you.You see," he said, "I'm blind."Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.I have two eyes; the world is mine.

Later while walking down the street,I saw a child I knew.He stood and watched the others play,but he did not know what to do.I stopped a moment and then I said,"Why don't you join them dear?"He looked ahead without a word.I forgot, he couldn't hear.Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.I have two ears; the world is mine.

With feet to take me where I'd go.With eyes to see the sunset's glow.With ears to hear what I'd know.Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.I've been blessed indeed, the world is mine.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs
YOUR TEXT HERE